For those of you who want to learn Photoshop but don’t know the order of learning where to start, and how to edit photos for the first time in Photoshop.
Of course, before you look for tutorials to learn Photoshop, I assume here you have installed Adobe Photoshop.
If not how? You have to install it first and please download it on the official website.
If you have an old version, that’s not a problem either, because the Photoshop function is not much different from the latest one.
The only difference is the appearance of the work page and features, the basics remain the same so you don’t have to worry just because of different versions.
Well, with this article I will share a step-by-step tip in learning to use Adobe Photoshop for beginners.
Photoshop Learning Stages
So, we will learn to recognize the appearance of adobe photoshop, its framework, features, menus and initial recommendations for watching the tutorial that I present.
There are indeed a lot of features provided, but that doesn’t mean I will explain all of them.
Here I will discuss the use of certain tools that are often used for photo editing.
1. Getting to Know the Adobe Photoshop Workspace
The first thing we see when we want to edit a photo is the front page or the Workspace of the software itself,
I find this section very often, such as tools, menus, layer columns when I want to edit, the display in the image above is from Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.
Red Box, is a menu for many functions, as well as adobe photoshop features that are used. There you can open project files, open images, export images, effects, change image resolution and many others.
We will take a closer look at the File menu section, because this feature is very important for learning Photoshop for beginners.
Here are some features of the File menu that you should memorize, including.
- New ( Ctrl + N ) creates a new layer or project in Photoshop because the way it works in this software can open or create several projects simultaneously.
- Open ( Ctrl + O ) function is to open an image or project file in Photoshop which will automatically be inserted into the work page.
- Save As ( Shift + Ctrl + S ) to save the results of our photo editing in Photoshop, you can save it in an image format such as jpg, png or other and most importantly the project itself ( .psd ).
- Export, usability is the same as save as, the difference is more specifically for exporting images to this format, where we can adjust the size, quality of the photos to be saved.
Why not explain everything? Because the rest are additional features that you might have to recognize first on a basic basis.
From the explanation of the File menu, it is the one that will often be used when you want to enter or save an edited photo.
Also Read: How to Add Images in Photoshop
Continue to the next box..
Yellow box, tools that function to edit, change, shape, create objects in our Photoshop project files.
Tools in Photoshop
As a tip, point the cursor to the tools menu, there will be writing the name of the tool. Well, I will explain some of the tools that are often used by Photoshop users.
- Move Tool (V), serves to move objects or images from a project. This is a very simple but very important tool for continuous photo editing.
- Rectangular Marquee tool, Selects an image from a certain part to copy, move, or add effects from the selected one.
- Crop tool, is a very useful function when you want to crop an image from Photoshop.
- Eraser Tool, Makes one object in the photo to be transparent or change using color.
- Pen Tool, create custom paths or objects using the pen tool which is very useful when you want to select objects in an image.
- Text, you can add a text from the photo you want to edit from the photoshop project.
- Shape tools, this is very basic to create object shapes such as boxes, ovals, stars, lines and if you want to make a custom one, you can use the pen tool.
Photoshop shape tools
So those are some explanations of tools that are often used when you want to edit in HPtoshop, you can explore further by trying them.
The green box, is a very important feature when you want to edit photos that function to store layers.
You are required to learn from the use of layers of the important features of Photoshop. There are several things like options, filtering layers, blending modes, lock layers, opacity and fill, row layers, create, link, and delete.
So, when the image is imported into the project, the photo will be stored in the layer column which you can play there to add, edit, delete as well.
The light blue box, is an additional feature contained in the tools described above. For example using text, there will be other optional features such as changing the font, font size and many others.
2. Do Simple Editing
After knowing some important parts of Adobe Photoshop, I suggest you to immediately practice simple editing. For example, adding images, creating text, changing image resolution, exporting images and many others.
Well, if you are confused, you can see the tutorial that we have provided for basic photo editing.
3. Look for Video Tutorials
This is a very effective way when you want to take Photoshop seriously. There are some people who can directly see videos or also in the form of text such as books or tutorials on blogs like the one I share here.
I have shared the basic concepts above there to understand some very important parts of the tools to start photo editing.
Maybe that’s all I can say about some steps to learn Adobe Photoshop for beginners. If you have additional requests from this article, just comment below. Hope it is useful